Saturday, July 7, 2007

Who Are The Firecrackers ?

You have read our press release and you have read our mission statement. So, who are the firecrackers and what is our story?

Jimmy Donnelly, the erratic brother, won a bar, yes, a bar during a card game. The bar, that doesn't make any money, is called The Firecracker. In one episode Jimmy decided that the bar needed a makeover; a jukebox, some fresh paint and a new sign. The new sign was adorned with a “flame” and a “cracker”. This sign represented new beginnings.

When NBC pulled The Black Donnellys off the air after the 5th episode, failed to upload some of the remaining episodes online and refused to respond to us, the fans decided that we needed a new beginning on another network. So the fans dubbed themselves as The Firecrackers and have been fighting for a new beginning ever since!

Visit this link to read about how some of the fans came to be a firecracker.

How can you become a firecracker? It's easy! Visit www.thefirecrackerlounge.com, become a member and chat with us! You can then join us in our daily action items http://www.savetheblackdonnellys.net/daily.html to help save the show!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh I do so remember when I was young and everything was so exceptionally exciting. I really have no clue as to why I joined your community. Other than the fact that I had a feeling...thanks for peeping in on my little space today. My other space is http://moondanzerdelivers.blogspot.com I am an old Hippie...once again involved in war protest...LOL...you should try it..it's good for the soul~jackie

paigec71 said...

Hi Shinade,

I am glad you stopped by! I did visit moondanzedelivers and read a little bit this evening. I will visit your blog again soon. I am glad to hear that Bill's friends said that they see some accomplishment (good things) there! We of course want all the soldiers to come home soon safe and sound!

Please stop by as you can! We love to make new friends!

My Best,
Paige